PE and Sport Premium for Primary Schools
PE Grant info:
£21,550 pa. From Sept 2017
Cost of THYSF SLA - £19,587.
Adam Eastwick and Rebecca O’Connell were appointed in Sept 17 as joint PE Leads. They have reviewed the school’s PE provision.
The SLA with Tower Hamlets Youth Sports Foundation is the biggest element of spend on PE. This has been much more effective this year with a greater focus on specific sports coaching, ensuring class teachers observe best practice so can deliver PE confidently and participation in local sports competitions.
In addition we are running Marathon Kids and the Nike Grid – both are free of charge.
We have upgraded our PE equipment with a spend of circa £400 on new kit. This has meant that the improved coaching can be sustained and embedded by other teachers, who have been trained by the team of specialist coaches from THYSF.
We are led by the following guiding principles:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that school already offers
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
We expect to see improvement across:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Our commitment with THYSF will be assessed at the end of the year against these goals.
2 Year 6 children in LBTH football team.
Won LBTH basketball tournament and competed in London Games at Crystal Palace.
2018 Sports Day will be held at Mile End Stadium in an Olympic format.
70 children KS2 competed in local cross country in October 17.
We give 90 minutes PE for every child every week. This included 15 minutes per day on core skills.