PE and Sport Premium for Primary Schools
PE Grant info:
£21,550 pa. From Sept 2018
Cost of THYSF SLA - £5865.
Budgeted cost of Coaches - £13,846
Budget for renewing of equipment - £2000
Adam Eastick is responsible for leading PE in KS2, with Emily Thompson leading PE/PD in EYFS & KS1. In the absence of service from Tower Hamlets Youth Sport Foundation, we have organised the following curriculum with individual sports coaches, building on our network of coaches who run Extended School sessions for us.
Participation in local sports competitions remains via our SLA with LBTH.
We have purchased an online resource called PE Hub which teachers can access to find particular schemes of work to follow for particular sports.
New KS2 Curriculum Map:
We are also continuing to use Marathon and Premier League Stars
We are led by the following guiding principles:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that school already offers
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
We expect to see improvement across:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
We give 90 minutes PE for every child every week. This included 15 minutes per day on core skills.